First of all, I must thank Little Bits of Classics for nominating me for my second Liebster Award! I am so happy that people are enjoying my blog as much as I’ve enjoyed creating it. Here are my answers to these fantastic questions:
1., How much time do you spend a week with writing blog posts?
– When there’s a blogathon I spend quite a bit of time on my posts. Probably at least a few hours a week. There are times where I get really behind but I try to keep my blog updated at least monthly.
2., Do you prefer watching movies in company or alone?
– Sometimes I like to watch them alone without distraction but then when I find one that I really enjoy I like to show it off. I think it’s really cool to be able to watch a movie with someone that enjoys watching them in the same way that I do.
3., What do you think is the worst performance of your favourite actor?
– Oh man, this one is really tough because I am definitely biased toward my favorites! I guess I’ll choose Johnny Depp’s Private Resort from 1985.
4., Are there any actors whose appearance irritates you?
– To be completely honest, I think I would have to answer Richard Gere. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not horrible to look at by any means (and I love him in Chicago) but there’s something about his overall appearance that bugs me. He seems rather smug to me or something!
5., Is there anything you’d like to change about your blog in the near future?
– Right now I have strictly written about Fairbanks, Jr., but I would love to expand it into other film industry people that had an influence on him or were important parts to his life and career. It is hard at times to keep it strictly Fairbanks, Jr., when there is so much more about the history of film that I study.
6., Do you usually go to the cinema?
– I do love to watch a movie on the big screen because I feel that is the way they were/are meant to be seen but I don’t get there as often as I should. I tend to go to movies that star my favorite current actors or that are directed by my favorite directors. I’ve been a big fan of Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio since I was young and have always tried to go see their films at the theater. I definitely go to old movie screenings anytime one comes up as well!
7., What is your favourite silent movie?
– Oh man, another tough one! It’s so hard to narrow it down. I have to say one of my favorites though is the Thief of Bagdad. I just feel that that film has it all – romance, adventure, and wonderfully magnificent sets! But I also am in love with Wings and the Big Parade. And give me a good silent comedy any day! It was Chaplin and Keaton that really drew me into the silent movie world.
8., Who is your favourite actor who was born outside America?
– Cary Grant! I feel that he has it all.
9., Do you usually watch foreign language movies?
– I like to when I can find them. I especially like German films that came out in the 1920s and 30s. But I also enjoy French films.
10., What was your favourite movie as a child?
– I wore out my Wizard of Oz and Grease videos!
11., How many Liebster Awards have you had before?
– This is my second Liebster Award and in such a short time! I feel truly grateful that my blog is interesting people in the film community.
The 11 questions:
- What has been your favorite movie of 2016 so far?
- Who is your favorite director?
- What is your favorite foreign film?
- What was the last movie you watched? Did you enjoy it?
- Name a movie star that took your breath away the first time you watched them. (This could either be in a romantic way or just that they really impressed you with their acting skills, etc. Interpret it how you see fit!)
- If you were in a movie, which actor/actress would you want to be your romantic interest/partner?
- What is your favorite movie from the 1950s?
- Has there been a movie that left you so confused you had to watch it multiple times to fully understand it? If so, which movie?
- Name an actor/actress who you feel was improperly cast for a movie role.
- What is your favorite film noir?
- And finally, name a film that left a strong impression on you.
No pressure if you would rather not participate!
Thank you so much again for the nomination!